[racket-dev] Release Announcement for v5.0.1 -- final version

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 2 06:27:15 EDT 2010

On Aug 2, 2010, at 6:11 AM, Eli Barzilay wrote:

> And for the (near) future -- figure out what's happenning in the
>  teaching languages.  I get the impression that things are moving
>  there almost randomly.

No, this isn't random; it is unsynchronized:

 -- Shriram asked Jay to add define-datatype

 -- Robby, Mike, and I decided to move signatures into BSL, ...
	but I underestimated when I'd get to the translation of
	the documentation

So:

1. I propose to release as is: no addition to ASL, no docs for signatures

2. I propose to sync at PLT Day, in person.

-- Matthias

Posted on the dev mailing list.