[plt-dev] Re: pushes & pulls & building

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 28 10:13:14 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> On Apr 28, Robby Findler wrote:
>> FWIW I don't care about going thru the PLT server. (at least I don't
>> think I do?)
>
> If you always have convenient connectivity to a specific machine (as
> Stevie added: fixed IP, not closed behind some firewall or vpn or
> whatever), then yes -- you could do exactly the same using it.

FWIW I think the problem is you and others are giving the grad course
on Git where it's the 101 that is needed. I think the best thing is to
define a workflow (e.g. clone the repo on gitolite, merge changes when
you're done) and leave it at that. More complex setups can be
addressed later.

N.

Posted on the dev mailing list.