[plt-dev] Re: [plt-scheme] scribble sigplan

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Wed Apr 28 09:06:49 EDT 2010

On Apr 28, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 8:23 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> >
> >> What distros don't install xdg-open by default?  I'm pretty sure
> >> Fedora and Ubuntu both do.
> >
> > Fedora doesn't (I have an F12 setup, and it's not in the default
> > installation), and that means that RH is even further away from having
> > it.
> What Fedora package is it in?

I don't know, I'd guess `xdg-utils'; but it doesn't matter.

> >> Also, I'm suggesting only showing the button if 'xdg-open' is in
> >> the path, rather than having some complicated search.
> >
> > Right -- this means a whole bunch of people who will not see it.
> Whereas now, no one who's not on a Mac sees it.

So the solution is to make it work for some people, then when more
people complain that they don't have it, fix it for those by
implementing a search, then deal with compatibility and such.  If
you're serious about this, then go ahead (=> just point the long
hollow end of the gun at one of the big limbs hanging down from your
body, and squeeze the little whatchamacallit).