[plt-dev] Q. about local branches

From: Dave Gurnell (d.j.gurnell at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 23 11:52:53 EDT 2010

On 22 Apr 2010, at 18:44, John Clements wrote:

> Question: is there some easy way to ensure that the local repository is fully mirrored on the server?  Aside from
> - not creating branches, or
> - hard-coding the list of branches so that they can all be checked?

We Untypers have been playing with git for a fortnight, and my knowledge is similarly incomplete.

I've noticed folks on t'internet using "git checkout --track", which may or may not be relevant. I had a brief look at the docs but I didn't quiiiite understand what I read. Hopefully further research will provide enlightenment.

-- Dave

Posted on the dev mailing list.