[plt-dev] Racket-tool bugs me; are we up for another poll?

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 21 16:51:00 EDT 2010

I know this message I'm about to write is a bit dangerous, but I'm
going to give a try because I don't have the time to really try to do
some brainstorming on IRC (which is what I should really do here).

Caveats out of the way, I'm not sure excited about having
"racket-tool" as a command that is mainstay of our distribution. It
just feels to clunky to me.

I mentioned this in private to Matthew and he suggested that we take a
re-vote, removing some of the options from the list, but I think that
the ordering we have already gives me a good sense of how that would
go.

So, instead, let me ask that people send me a pile of pairs of names
and we try another round of voting where the functionality of the
names is set (according to the last round of discussions), but where
maybe the names change.

So, here's a start for the pile (the first name would replace the name
"racket" and the second name would replace the name "racket-tool"):

- racket racket-tool

- rkt rktool

- racket rktool

- racket mousekatool

- racket tekcar

- racket moblammo (two of the meanings of racket is a silly sounding thing)

I'll ask for a poll sometime tomorrow when (presumably) there are no
more suggestions coming.

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.