[plt-dev] renaming programs in the distribution

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 20 07:52:20 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 3:27 AM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> My preference is still to turn `plt-web-server' into `racket
> web-server', because the point of starting the web server is ultimately
> to run some Racket code that you wrote. (Along the same lines, I think
> it makes sense to add `scribble' and `slideshow' commands.) Giving the
> web server some non-generic name seems ok, too. Changing
> `plt-web-server' to `racket-web-server' seems awkward to me, because it
> would be the only important command that starts `racket' but uses a
> hyphen instead of a space.

I agree on the badness of 'racket-web-server', but I still don't like
the idea of making the web server into a subcommand.  Therefore, here
are some suggestions for web server names, following the Native
American tribe name tradition [0]

- Ute or Shoshone, tribes from Utah [1,2]
- Chippewa, a tribe with a game called "Ball and Racket" [3]

[0] Apache, Cherokee
[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshone
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ute
[3] http://www.apples4theteacher.com/native-american/games/ball/ball-and-racket.html