[plt-dev] usr repositories

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 17 16:21:56 EDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Noel Welsh <noelwelsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 9:17 PM, Noel Welsh <noelwelsh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well the bit I didn't add, and should have ...
>
> is that this extra complexity costs and we shouldn't be too quick to
> demand it without considering these costs. (The UK is currently
> entering an election so the news is full of politicians promising to
> increase spending on welfare/education/healthcare etc. without any
> discussion of the costs of said changes. It annoys me.)
>
> N.

I test everything I commit to the trunk.  I know others who do as
well, including people who do their main work on the trunk (I don't,
my software lives on Planet).  I am well aware of the costs.  I am
also aware of the costs of not testing, every time I check out a build
that doesn't work and have to either sort it out or wait for someone
else to.

--Carl

Posted on the dev mailing list.