[plt-dev] usr repositories

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 17 16:16:15 EDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it's a bit unreasonable to run every test locally before
> committing. I think it's fine if Matthew runs the micro-tests and lets
> DrDr do the macro tests. When I change XML, I know to test the web
> server and a few DrScheme things, but I don't test everything that
> might depend on XML. etc
>
> Committing without _any_ testing is obvs bad though.
>
> Jay

I believe we're in agreement.  No one should have to run the full DrDr
tests, nor compute the set of all libraries that could possibly be
impacted.  But some things get committed without even the most closely
related set of tests being run, and that ought to stop.  DrDr is not a
"does my fix work" engine.

--Carl

Posted on the dev mailing list.