[plt-dev] usr repositories

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 17 15:48:41 EDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> Well, *now* would be a good time to ask questions!

Ok. Funky dev processes are fair easier with Git than svn. Is the
intention to mandate any such process? For example, all dev. on
branches, merge to trunk when finished? From the DrDr emails I've
received indicating a commit has broken the build (i.e. no mzscheme
exists, all tests fail, everyone gets emailed) I'm assuming most
people delegate building and running tests to DrDr. Are we happy with
this? I generally am and don't envisage any changes to my process
beyond more branching. I'm asking 'cause we're experimenting with Git
at Untyped and attempting to introduce a more complex process. I think
our requirements are different: we have multiple interdependent
projects (e.g. customer app and web framework) so we can easily break
a project due to changes to another. PLT doesn't have this issue but
there might be some small value to being able to easily release
patches.

N.

Posted on the dev mailing list.