[plt-dev] feature request

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 15 09:58:44 EDT 2010

I agitated for something along these lines some time ago. To be honest
I can never remember the object syntax and I much prefer scheme/dict
style dispatch to (send ...) I also think such an OO system has the
nice property of using the module system as a module system rather
than using class for said purpose.  Eli knocked out a little OO system
along these lines and I then dropped the ball.

N.

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Jon Rafkind <rafkind at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> Unrelated, but as long as we are asking for feature requests I would like
> some smoother upgrade path between structs and classes. The struct syntax is
> very nice for creating objects that store data so I like to use that rather
> than starting with classes, but once I decide a struct should be used in an
> OO model then I have to rewrite a lot of code.
>
> I have no formal proposal yet, but if anyone has ideas about it I would be
> interested.

Posted on the dev mailing list.