[plt-dev] coding ideas from JaneStreet

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Apr 13 11:34:05 EDT 2010

And Jay McCarthy wrote:
> This functionality is available for all today in the PLAI language.
> The documentation is at: [...]

Yes, I should have said that my code was loosely based on the PLAI
thing, which (IIRC) is the same as the form in the EoPL language.  But
what my thing went further in an ML-ish direction: it does pattern
matching rather than just a toplevel deconstruction (but still limited
to matches of defined typed only), and it does not require to announce
the type of a `cases' -- instead, it infers that from the names used
in the patterns.  And, of course, with the re-intergation on top
typed scheme it switched to using types rather than predicates, so
it's quite different now from the EoPL/PLAI forms.