[plt-dev] I am not using .rkt files yet...

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 12 17:40:51 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> At Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:51:12 -0500, Robby Findler wrote:
>> IIUC, .rkt is the default extension for module paths like (require
>> planet/..../drscheme/dracula-state), ie those that do not have quotes.
>
> Even if you have quotes, a ".ss" in a moule path is normalized to
> ".rkt"...
>
> The essence of your answer is right on, though: the contract system is
> printing the name of the enclosing module, not its implementation
> source. Of course, the original intent was for those to be the same.
>
>> Then there is some magic munging that goes on whereby a .ss file in
>> the place where a .rkt file is expected happens.
>
> It's in the compiled-load handler, which uses a ".ss" file if a ".rkt"
> is to be loaded and no such file exists.

This problematic behavior just showed up in two different places for
me: 'mzc -v' prints filenames with .rkt, and the 'module mismatch from
old bytecode' error similarly prints filenames with .rkt.

This hasn't made my life much harder yet, but it's pretty
disconcerting to see my tools tell me about non-existent files.
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the dev mailing list.