[plt-dev] rico

From: Jon Rafkind (rafkind at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 4 18:02:17 EDT 2010

On 04/04/2010 09:10 AM, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> I've committed a first attempt at `rico' in SVN, so you can try out
> `rico setup' instead of `setup-plt', `rico make' instead of `mzc', etc.
>
> There's no documentation, yet, because I'll start by converting the mzc
> docs, and I'm not yet ready to convert docs. For now, here's how you
> plug in new commands:

Thats cool. Could rico separate different commands by their respective
module? Maybe also force some prefix so that identical commands can be used.

$ rico --help
* compiler commands
    c-ext ...
    make ...
* htdp commands
   whatever ...
   make ...

If the user just chose `make' then it would select the one with the
highest precedence, otherwise they can use --htdp:make to select that
specific one.

Posted on the dev mailing list.