[plt-dev] Release Announcement for v4.2.5 -- 2nd call

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Apr 2 11:09:24 EDT 2010

On Apr  2, Robby Findler wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 6:34 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> > Possible items (dug up from log messages) -- please reply if you have
> > an entry here, or a comment on the following items:
> >
> > Robby:
> >  - New language dialog layout
>
> I'm not sure we want to mention this, but if we do, it goes at the end
> and would be something like "The language dialog now suggests more
> strongly that using "#lang" is the Right Thing(tm)."

How about:

    * The language dialog now suggests using "#lang" more strongly as
      the default language.  The interface no longer refers to it as the
      "Module language".

(IMO it is important since it's one of the few important things people
run into very early, and probably also some stronger mention for the
plt-edu people.)

> > Noel, Ryan:
> >  - schemeunit is now included (gui revived?)
>
> - Our unit testing framework, schemeunit, is now included in the
> distribution (It has long been in the undistributed part of our SVN
> archives).

I'll drop the svn part since it's irrelevant, but Ryan's gui should be
mentioned too, I think.