[plt-dev] Test failure

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Oct 30 03:17:51 EDT 2009

On Oct 29, Jay McCarthy wrote:

> My commit was really to make these print to the stdout. If they
> print to stderr, they look like errors to DrDr:
>
> http://drdr.plt-scheme.org/16461/collects/tests/mzscheme/quiet.ss
>
> Even though they are just informative. IMHO, they should really be
> to stdout. It seems like they are only to stderr as part of the hack
> to turn off other stuff printing.

I changed it to use stderr only if there was an error.  In any case,
it doesn't seem right to me that drdr considers all stderr output to
be broken.  It's true that in most cases it is, but the tests are
obviously not part of it.  So IMO it would have been better to add a
way to say that for some file any stderr output should be ignored, and
only the exit code should matter.