[plt-dev] Fwd: [plt-scheme] Download links in PLaneT

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 28 16:18:58 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu
> wrote:

> No, I'm not seeing what I recalled, either. Sorry.

No worries.

> As far as your patch goes, I'm not sure that's the best long term
> solution and I'm not sure I want to support that going forward. Given
> how easy it is to apply that patch to your own system, perhaps that's
> the best thing to do for now?

My plan was to release a mirror tool as a planet package so others can setup
their own mirrors as well.  I agree that this might not be the long term
solution, but without having something in place such package does not make
sense for others, so I guess that would have to be delayed unless you want
to accept the patch interim or until we found a solution you can accept.

> I do plan to give some thought to adding redundancy to the planet
> server to avoid outages but I've just not had a chance to really spend
> quality time on it. If you are willing to spend sometime sorting out
> the server side issues and put something together that's a bit more
> comprehensive, I'd be willing to help with it, as I have time (and to
> put it into planet itself, of course).

I am happy to help out here.  If you can let me know what sort of server
side issues that you are thinking about (I more or less got the mirror &
proxy figured out - just need to implement it) then we can collaborate.

Thanks,
yc