[plt-dev] number of HtDP graduates

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 13 11:04:57 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Matthias Felleisen
<matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> Eli reported that we had over 1,000,000 unique IP hits on htdp.org for the
> past five years. What does this tell us? -- Matthias

Enough. When one gets into this kind of argument ("there aren't any
scheme programmers") you don't actually need evidence -- you need
stuff that looks like evidence. A page saying "Over 5000 students have
completed HtDP in the last 5 years, and over 1 million unique IP
addresses blah blah blah" is good enough. This doesn't need to pass
peer review :-)

N.

Posted on the dev mailing list.