[plt-dev] Re: calling googlers

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 10 11:40:14 EDT 2009

Thanks to all who replied. It looks much better now. Sounds like the
upshot is: make redirections when possible and submit changed urls to
http://www.google.com/addurl/ to get them processed more quickly.
Updating links to point to the new place is probably also a good idea,
but I'd done a lot of that without seeing much improvement several
months ago.

Robby

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> I apologize for this being a bit off topic, but I'm wondering if any
> knows why my google search results are so bad now that I've moved to
> Northwestern. I wonder if it is because my link
> (www.eecs.northwestern.edu/~robby/) redirects (to
> www.ece.northwestern.edu/~robby/)?
>
> Thanks,
> Robby