[plt-dev] Objections to removing class100?

From: Stevie Strickland (sstrickl at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 23 02:31:39 EST 2009

On Nov 23, 2009, at 2:09 AM, Michael Sperber wrote:
> You're saying that leaving class100 as-is (i.e. without contracts) is
> harder than zapping it, right?  (I'm totally not interested in
> contracts
> for class100.)

Right.  The class100 forms rewrites into uses of class* from scheme/
class, and some of the changes needed would also require extending the
class100 forms, which means they'd no longer be strictly the same
interface as the old PLT class system.  Thus, this seemed like an
ideal time to just remove the deprecated interface, since there is no
reason of which I'm aware that classes written using mzlib/class100
cannot be straightforwardly ported to scheme/class.

If this does happen, it won't be until either late December or after
the new year.  Also, I'd be more than happy to write up my experiences
in porting uses of class100 and friends in the PLT Scheme code base to
scheme/class as a porting guide if that would make the removal more
acceptable.

Stevie

Posted on the dev mailing list.