[plt-dev] may I add example of expand? (was: Re: [plt-scheme] documentation feature requests)

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Tue Nov 17 14:05:15 EST 2009

On Nov 15, 2009, at 3:40 PM, Robby Findler wrote:

> I've seen that Jon Rafkind has been adding such things to lots of
> places in the docs and I've put them in the new image documentation
> library (http://pre.plt-scheme.org/docs/html/teachpack/2htdpimage.html),
> so I think it is safe to say we recognize the need and are working on
> it.

Every time I want to use 'expand' I have to spend 10 minutes trying to remember all of the pieces.  This appears to me to be about the shortest way to use 'expand' correctly:

(parameterize ([current-namespace (make-base-namespace)])
  (expand
   (datum->syntax
    #f
    '(module foo scheme
       (define a 3)

Would it be appropriate to add this (or a simpler form, if it exists) to the 'expand' documentation? It would certainly have helped me.

John