[plt-dev] component delivery, a social experiment

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 10 12:50:45 EST 2009

I, for one, am quite happy that we have a nightly build and hope that
we continue to have it. I suspect that anyone that uses Windows and
wants to keep up from SVN also benefits, since building under Windows
is not an easy thing to do (unlike the other platforms we support).

I don't think the option two below you mention is feasible, simply
because removing the file is likely to break the build in some other
way. But perhaps we can have some other Bad Thing that happens (public
blame anyone?) when someone breaks the build that would help get us
back in shape quickly.

Robby

PS: for the record, I complained twice to Eli about the currently
broken build, once when I noticed it because I wanted to point someone
to recent docs and then later when someone else contacted me about it.
So "no one noticed" is just plain wrong.