[plt-dev] Fwd: [plt-scheme] Download links in PLaneT

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 3 12:37:03 EST 2009

Well, after some more thought, I've decided I was being stupid. I've
checked (essentially) your patch (revision 16521 in SVN). If I sort
out some other superduperfancydancy thing in the future, I'll be sure
to let you know.

Sorry for the wait and I hope you've not lost steam.

Robby

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 2:18 PM, YC <yinso.chen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Robby Findler
> <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
>>
>> No, I'm not seeing what I recalled, either. Sorry.
>
> No worries.
>

>> As far as your patch goes, I'm not sure that's the best long term
>> solution and I'm not sure I want to support that going forward. Given
>> how easy it is to apply that patch to your own system, perhaps that's
>> the best thing to do for now?
>
> My plan was to release a mirror tool as a planet package so others can setup
> their own mirrors as well.  I agree that this might not be the long term
> solution, but without having something in place such package does not make
> sense for others, so I guess that would have to be delayed unless you want
> to accept the patch interim or until we found a solution you can accept.
>

>> I do plan to give some thought to adding redundancy to the planet
>> server to avoid outages but I've just not had a chance to really spend
>> quality time on it. If you are willing to spend sometime sorting out
>> the server side issues and put something together that's a bit more
>> comprehensive, I'd be willing to help with it, as I have time (and to
>> put it into planet itself, of course).
>
> I am happy to help out here.  If you can let me know what sort of server
> side issues that you are thinking about (I more or less got the mirror &
> proxy figured out - just need to implement it) then we can collaborate.
>
> Thanks,
> yc

Posted on the dev mailing list.