[plt-dev] Continuous Integration Server

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 28 07:10:27 EDT 2009

This is good.  Some suggestions:

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 12:03 AM, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com> wrote:

> * Jump to output changes on first page

If this means I could click on, say, the STDERR output column and see
all files that emitted output, that would be good.

Looking at STDERR etc. is kinda hokey (I know it's all there is a for
a lot of things). Some code has decent test suites. Being able to
specify where and how to run those suites would be good. (This was the
motivation for Sake -- I wanted a CI server, but first needed to
specify how to build a project.)

A quick status overview would be good. Say, change the entire
background to RED when something has broken. A lot of places have the
policy that no dev. can proceed while the build is broken. I suspect
PLT is too loosely coupled for that to work.

Subversion properties are a bit invisible to the average programmer,
but I guess they are as reasonable as any other method. With a bit of
abstraction it shouldn't matter.

N.

Posted on the dev mailing list.