[plt-dev] DrScheme definitions crash in pre-release

From: David Van Horn (dvanhorn at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat May 23 15:02:56 EDT 2009

David Van Horn wrote:
> Robby Findler wrote:
>> I tried to follow the steps with collects/drscheme/private/rep.ss and
>> couldn't make it fail. Specifically, I hit return on the second line
>> (making the buffer modified) and then check syntax; I waited until it
>> was in "coloring" mode (according to the status line) and then hit
>> cmd-s (for save) and nothing bad happened. I only tried it about 4
>> times, tho, so maybe I just didn't try enough?
>
> The problem occurs for me even if I click Save just once, although there
> is a time delay between clicking and the error.

Here is a small program that I can use to consistently reproduce the
problem.

Save both files into the same directory.  Open wait-student.ss in
DrScheme.  Insert a space (modifying the file).  Now press Check Syntax
and quickly press Save (once will do).

This program uses wait.ss to cause an expansion time delay, giving you a
chance to save while check syntax is running.

David