[plt-dev] Installation directories on Mac OS X

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat May 23 10:01:52 EDT 2009

At Sat, 23 May 2009 15:26:19 +0200, Thomas Deniau wrote:
> You might be interested in including this patch to unixstyle.ss
> upstream :

Thanks!

I somehow missed your original message. (Maybe I accidentally deleted
it before reading), but I see in the archives:

 Are there deeper reasons that would force origtree to yes on OS X even
 without MrEd ?

We don't want the default MzScheme build to be different from the
default Mred build, since the former is supposed to be a subset of the
latter.

Longer term, we should look at making MrEd work within a Unix-style
installation. With your patch, maybe it's just a matter of putting
".app"s in an appropriate place.

> Additionally, I changed some -I into -iquote's in the Makefile.in's :
> since the previous version of the port installed its headers files
> directly into include/ instead of include/plt/, the installed headers
> conflicted with the ones in the source distribution. This shouldn't do
> any harm unless you're not compiling with GCC.

We've addressed this problem in the latest build by putting the local
`-I's first, so they'll take precedence.

Posted on the dev mailing list.