[plt-dev] Re: [plt-scheme] End-user instructions for upgrading single PLaneT package

From: Geoffrey S. Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Mon May 18 17:32:24 EDT 2009

On May 18, 2009, at 13:41, Jon Rafkind wrote:
> I started a little gui for this last week. Here is a functional demo:
> http://planet.plt-scheme.org/display.ss?package=planet-manager.plt&owner=kazzmir

I like the prototype.  After you figure out the "What versions are
available on PLaneT?" DB question, here are some ideas for the GUI:

Per package:
- available versions on PLaneT (show options, select zero or more)
- version(s) installed on local machine (select zero or more if
uninstalling)
- Install / Uninstall buttons, as you have
- a button going to a doc page on the web in case package xyz is
unfamiliar to the user
- (maybe) an idea how often a package is used by all PLaneTeers

Fancy/dancy:
- a progress bar
- something that tells the user how often he/she has actually used a
package

Posted on the dev mailing list.