[plt-dev] embedded gui inside hierlist

From: Jon Rafkind (rafkind at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri May 15 23:56:18 EDT 2009

Embedded editor-snip's act strangely when put inside the text part of a
hierarchical-list-item%. The editor-snip% doesn't get aligned properly
so all its internal snips are bunched up in the left hand corner. The
issue seems to be whether or not the content-snip of
hierarchical-list-snip% is visible or not when the list is created. That
is, I added the content-snip to the main buffer in the constructor of
the hierarchical-list-snip% to fix the layout problems.

(sequence
   (send main-buffer insert content-snip 4)
   ....)

I'm not sure what the difference is between adding the content-snip to
the main-buffer immediately and when doing it in the handle-open call,
but hopefully someone else has a better idea.

What I'm trying to do is something like this:
  (let ([item (send list new-list)]
         [my-editor (new pasteboard%)]
     (send (send item get-editor) insert (new editor-snip% [editor
my-editor]))
     (send my-editor insert ...stuff...))

Posted on the dev mailing list.