scheme/list requests [was: Re: [plt-dev] Re: more requests for typed-scheme]

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at
Date: Sat May 2 19:47:42 EDT 2009

This is from the rrrs-authors list (from Will):

Non-controversial #1:
  I object to make-list, list-fill!, list-set!, and list-copy on the
  grounds that they are useful only for side-effect-full programming on
  lists, which I claim is an unusual style that the standard should not
  encourage.  The corresponding procedures for strings and vectors are
  less objectionable because side-effect-full programming on strings
  and vectors is normal in Scheme.  [...]

                         Maze is Life!

Posted on the dev mailing list.