[plt-dev] latest version under Windows

From: Geoffrey S. Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Sat May 2 05:30:11 EDT 2009

On May 1, 2009, at 12:59, Matthew Flatt wrote:

> If you use Windows, then after upgrading to the latest in svn (or the
> next nightly build), please pay extra attention to whether DrScheme or
> other MrEd-based programs consume too much CPU.
>
> We've seen some problems with DrScheme maxing out a CPU when it should
> be idle. The problems happened especially with blocking reads on
> network sockets, but similar problems could happen with any GUI
> application. The latest changes fix the problem on my machine, but
> this
> fact of the system is difficult to test.

DrScheme did this once on my Mac about a week ago.  At the time, I was
busy, I wasn't actually using DrScheme, so I shut it down.  I'll be
more alert and report it next time.  I'm currently running revision
14683 (may1).

If I recall, the only thing I had done with DrScheme that session was
to start it, press F1, look up something in the documentation on
Safari, and then move on.

Also once in a while Safari (v4 beta 5528.16) starts eating up
resources and I shut it down, but that happens when I'm not running
DrScheme.

Posted on the dev mailing list.