[plt-dev] changing xexpr

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Fri Mar 27 01:33:58 EDT 2009

Would PLT be willing to change sexprs in the near future to a new
'standard' sexp-based representation for XML?

The goals are: (1) unify SXML and PLT's xexprs; (2) make a few
improvements on both.

The practical problem is getting this new representation adopted by PLT
and others.  Otherwise, I might as well stick with SXML, the current de
facto standard.

Regarding PLT adoption, I'm thinking that the new representation could
start with xexprs, replace the non-sexp structs with sexp forms, and add
a few missing things.  PLT's implementation of this representation could
be made backward-compatible with programs that use the old sexpr
representation.

I'd want to involve a PLT representative and at least Oleg or Kirill in
reviewing the proposal and suggesting any changes.  I suspect this
should be a SRFI at some point.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/