[plt-dev] Stepper tests for DeinProgramm language levels?

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu Mar 19 15:39:42 EDT 2009

On Mar 19, Michael Sperber wrote:

> It really sounds as though it would be better if I continued to
> maintain our tests separately.  If you think otherwise, let me know.

There is no problem including them.  The only thing is that I'll need
to know where they are so they can be omitted from the usual
(non-"full") distributions.

The thing that would create a mess is if your tests were getting to be
an actual part of the stepper tests: the stepper is part of the
"drscheme" distribution, and your collection is part of the bigger
"plt" distribution -- the first is not really made, but it's there to
ensure that things don't get too tangled (by verifying that there are
no dependencies from the "dr" distro outside).  So if/when things move
to separate packages, such dependencies mean that more code gets into
the drscheme package.  (The stepper collection should also be out of
the "dr" bubble, but it's too tangled in.)  The bottom line is that if
your tests only use code that John's tests provide then there is no
problem.