[plt-dev] request for typed library

From: Kathryn Gray (kathryn.gray at cl.cam.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 17 10:16:27 EDT 2009

On 17 Mar 2009, at 1:53:33, Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> On Mar 17, 2009, at 8:58 AM, Kathryn Gray wrote:
>
>> The test-engine/scheme-tests.ss can be used as a library by
>> programs that aren't written in the teaching language currently;
>> the test results from this library appear in print statements
>> instead of a window in DrScheme.
>
> So does htdp/testing ... (test) . Why are we deprecating htdp/
> testing again?

The functionality doesn't need to (and isn't) going away.

All htdp/testing does is reexport items from the other library, but
unlike test-engine/scheme-tests it can easily be added by students as
a teach pack.

If a student does this, and then calls (test) manually; all of their
test results appear twice. Why is this a desirable behavior to have?
Why should we be letting students add this as a teach pack?

-Kathy