[plt-dev] request for typed library

From: David Van Horn (dvanhorn at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 17 08:50:10 EDT 2009

Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> We need one of three things:
>
>  -- Kathy's test engine
>  -- SchemeUnit
>  -- Eli's test-->>>>#$%^^&*&
>
> in Typed Scheme. Tests are indispensable, no matter how many types you
> have in a program -- Matthias

check-expect ought to be low hanging fruit.  I tried doing it when I was
working on Typed Student, but couldn't get things working.  You just
want to tell TS that the check-expect form takes two subforms of type
Any.  Since check-expect can only appear at the top-level it's return
type is not important.

But since check-expect is a macro, the expanded code has to be
well-typed.  Maybe one implementation strategy is have a functional
check expect, check-expectf, typed:check-expect expands into that and
check-expectf is wrapped with the contract Any Any -> Void.

This would go a long way for me.

David

Posted on the dev mailing list.