[plt-dev] request for typed library

From: Sam TH (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 17 00:02:00 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 8:37 PM, Kathy Gray <kathryn.gray at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 17 Mar 2009, at 12:30:42, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
>

>> I'd like the textual part of htdp/testing to be turned into a typed
>> library. If it is, is it checked in? -- Matthias
>
> htdp/testing is deprecated and, as I keep saying, should disappear when
> there are no more requirements on it.
>
> The functions provided by htdp/testing are actually implemented by
> test-engine/scheme-tests.ss, which is what anyone using htdp/testing should
> be using now instead. I don't know if the implementation could be turned
> into a typed library.

Is there a plan for a library to be used by programs that aren't
written in the teaching languages?  `check-expect' is nicely
lightweight, but it's hard to recommend its use when it has no
non-teaching-language documentation or module.

I think the last time I looked, it wouldn't be too hard to make a typed version.

--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the dev mailing list.