[plt-dev] Terminal control

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 10 18:31:57 EDT 2009

At Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:06:26 -0600, Jay McCarthy wrote:
> Don't ask why, but I'd like to do a terminal app with PLT.
>
> But I can figure out how to capture key presses as they are done. I
> can type something in and press enter, but I can't capture the key
> right when it is pressed, do something, and NOT print it out.
>
> I assumed that read-byte would do it, but apparently not.
>
> Any suggestions?

You probably want to use the C library's "termios" functions to control
the terminal associated with stdin. Try `man cfmakeraw' for more
information.

You'll also need scheme_get_port_fd() to go from a Scheme port to a
file descriptor. (Yep, I see the typo in the docs for that one... fixed
in SVN.)

Posted on the dev mailing list.