[plt-dev] svn cp?

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryanc at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 30 02:37:29 EDT 2009

Robby Findler wrote:
> Did someone do an svn cp somehow related to the file
> collects/tests/typed-scheme/succeed/pr9053-2.ss?
>
> If so, I think svn cp shoudl be permanently banned from now on. If you
> want to rename, you just lose the history. Tough shit.

I assume there's mergeinfo on that file and that it's causing merge
conflicts?

Is there any use in having mergeinfo on files and directories in the
trunk? The only place I know of where mergeinfo is useful is on branch
roots. Are there other uses for mergeinfo?

Could we institute a policy of keeping mergeinfo out of the trunk? Is
that the kind of thing we could implement as a commit trigger?

Ryan

Posted on the dev mailing list.