[plt-dev] "The PLT Virtual Machine is out of memory. Aborting."

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 19 18:19:25 EST 2009

There are two notions of out of memory... there's the case where the
computer is literally out of memory, and there is the case where
DrScheme has hit the artificial limit imposed by the "Scheme > Limit
Memory ..." menu option.  When DrScheme hits the artificial limit, it
offers the user the chance to raise the memory limit.  I have no such
artificial limit set, and DrScheme offered no such option.

I thought you were saying that my error likely came from check syntax
because otherwise I would have hit an artificial limit earlier and
been offered the chance to raise the limit.  I was saying that I don't
have that limit set, so I can run out of memory completely even from
the regular "run" button.

If that's not what you were getting at, now I'm confused about what
you were saying.

--Carl