[plt-dev] Re: [plt-internal] Upload of Planet package fails

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 11 12:01:34 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 7:53 AM, Robby Findler
> <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 5:31 PM, Jens Axel Soegaard
>> <jensaxel at soegaard.net> wrote:
>>> My attempts of uploading a new version of math.plt failed.
>>> Is there a problem with PLaneT?
>>
>> I suspect that this error corresponds to the stacktrace I found in the
>> log (below). I'm running a very old version of web server on planet,
>> however. So likely this is already fixed?
>
> I don't recognize the error immediately, but I think it might be that
> the continuation wasn't found for some reason. Perhaps the file was so
> big the continuation was gone before the upload was complete.

That doesn't seem good! If that were the case, it would mean that a gc
that happens during an upload could potentially cause the upload to
fail?

>>> In the log search for:
>>>
>>> http://planet.plt-scheme.org/servlets;256*4*21053244/add.ss
>>
>> I don't see urls like that in the log. Possibly also because I'm
>> running an old version of the web server?
>
> URLs don't look like that anymore, but I presume Jens copied from his
> browser. Are you looking at the log in the web-root directory?

I believe so. I looked at the file listed in the log-file-path in the
paths section of the file /local/webroot/configuration-table/ which is
fed into the web server via:

(define configuration@
  (configuration-table->web-config@
   (string->path "/local/webroot/configuration-table")))

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.