[plt-dev] update on experiment in re-implementing MrEd

From: Sam TH (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 7 08:56:52 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 9:22 PM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> At Fri, 6 Feb 2009 20:12:06 -0500, Henk Boom wrote:
>> Another library naming issue, on my Gentoo system the libraries are
>>
>> libgdk-x11-2.0.so
>> libgtk-x11-2.0.so
>>
>> with a .0 after the 2. With that fix it seems to work =).
>
> Does anyone know a Right Way to find libraries, or should `ffi-lib'
> have a big set of search heuristics that hopefully stumble across the
> actual name?

So, I have the same issue as Henk.  I think that the gtk/gdk libraries
actually have the "2.0" in their names, so this shouldn't really be an
issue of search heuristics.  Unless you have some different set of
libraries.  Does this produce something different on the system you're
using?

[samth at hermes:~/sw/mred-experiment] locate gtk-x11
/usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
/usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.1200.9

Thanks,
--