[plt-dev] update on experiment in re-implementing MrEd

From: Henk Boom (henk at henk.ca)
Date: Fri Feb 6 20:12:06 EST 2009

2009/2/6 Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu>:
> At Fri, 06 Feb 2009 16:23:32 -0700, Jon Rafkind wrote:
>> >       * Unix/X11: Install GtK and Cairo. (You almost certainly have
>> >         them already.)
>> >

>> On my system I have /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2, not libcairo.2.so, so
> I think this is now fixed.

Another library naming issue, on my Gentoo system the libraries are

with a .0 after the 2. With that fix it seems to work =).

This looks interesting! I'm curious of one thing though, why separate
bindings for the three UI systems instead of one set of bindings for a
new version of wxwidgets?

Posted on the dev mailing list.