[plt-dev] Re: launchpad instead of gnats?

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 10 17:44:39 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Sam TH <samth at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> However, the larger question is, do we want to have a modern bug
> tracker that will make it easier for people to contribute to the
> project and for developers to manage their bugs, or do we want to have
> core members of the group continue to spend their time on web
> application administration in Perl?  If it's the former, we should
> consider our options, and decide among them, rather than just listing
> potential problems.

I certainly agree that this is the larger issue, but I think Eli's
questions are worthwhile and that you seem to have answered them all
in the affirmative (well, the conversion of the old bugs to the new
system has not been answered, but I think you've effectively agreed to
look into it and sort it out if we decide we want to try launchpad. Is
that right?)

Eli: do you disagree with my assessment of the conversation so far?

Roby

Posted on the dev mailing list.