[plt-dev] syntax/module-reader and #%module-begin

From: Stevie Strickland (sstrickl at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 1 13:10:06 EST 2009

On Dec 1, 2009, at 12:06 PM, Sam TH wrote:

>>> That is a potential problem.  Are there any languages that do that
>>> right now?
>>
>> I don't know -- that's (part of) my question.
>
> If there are, and they're hard to fix (ie, on planet), then I think we
> should adopt your suggestion.  Otherwise, we should keep the rule
> simple.

No language in the PLT Scheme code base does this.  Unfortunately the first PLaneT language I looked at, Jay's datalog package, does.  Since I'm already 1/1 for PLaneT packages adding them, I'm going to stop looking there and just go ahead and change the code to only add the #%module-begin if it's not a single expression that already has one.

Stevie

Posted on the dev mailing list.