[plt-dev] Re: Generated files and co-existing copies of DrScheme

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Dec 1 10:19:11 EST 2009

On Nov 30, Sam TH wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> >
> > I missed this, and I already undid it. [...]
> [...] Once something is discussed and decided upon, one person
> shouldn't just unilaterally undo it.  [...]

Yes, this was discussed, one decision was (a) it should be added with
a flag, and another "decision" (for lack of any objections) was to not
make it re-use the environment variable on each use of
`find-system-path'.  Due to these decisions, I assumed that Carl would
do the necessary work before committing on the trunk -- and when I saw
a commit that didn't include that, it was easier for me to revert and

If the commit message had indicated that this is known to be broken
wrt to these decisions and that Matthew intends to fix it, I wouldn't
have reversed it and probably wouldn't have done the work myself.
Same goes for the explanation email that came after the commit, which
I only saw after I started my work.