[plt-dev] Re: Generated files and co-existing copies of DrScheme

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Dec 1 10:19:11 EST 2009

On Nov 30, Sam TH wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> >
> > I missed this, and I already undid it. [...]
>
> [...] Once something is discussed and decided upon, one person
> shouldn't just unilaterally undo it.  [...]

Yes, this was discussed, one decision was (a) it should be added with
a flag, and another "decision" (for lack of any objections) was to not
make it re-use the environment variable on each use of
`find-system-path'.  Due to these decisions, I assumed that Carl would
do the necessary work before committing on the trunk -- and when I saw
a commit that didn't include that, it was easier for me to revert and
re-do.

If the commit message had indicated that this is known to be broken
wrt to these decisions and that Matthew intends to fix it, I wouldn't
have reversed it and probably wouldn't have done the work myself.
Same goes for the explanation email that came after the commit, which
I only saw after I started my work.