[plt-dev] Re: Generated files and co-existing copies of DrScheme

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 1 09:33:31 EST 2009

Eli, people don't commit random stuff to the trunk. What's going in -- especially into the base of 'remote' people -- is done in a responsible manner. I am sure that if you were around and accessible Carl and Ryan and Sam and Stevie and everyone would ask you on how to proceed. As it is, Carl asked me and I said 'propose X to Matthew' and Matthew agreed to some variant. So when you see such an unusual commit, PLEASE ask the committer on what's going on and don't just undo things. If/when the nature of the developer community changes, we will entrust you with more enforcement (especially rejection) power. Until then, let's navigate this in a friendlier manner -- Matthias

Posted on the dev mailing list.