PLaneT and automatic compilation bad interaction (was Re: [plt-dev] Re: problem with optimistic compilation)

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 20 00:43:25 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Matthew Flatt<mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> Done in SVN (v4.2.1.7). I've adjusted `planet/resolver' to accept an
> original-parameterization argument that the default module name
> resolver provides. But `planet-resolve' still needs to use it somehow.

Thanks, Matthew. I've checked in a change to
collects/planet/resolver.ss that copies the current-eval,
current-compile, use-compiled-file-paths, and
current-library-collection-paths paths from the original values to the
current settings when the resolver is running.

I'm not sure that's the right set of parameters, but it seems to be
good for now and doesn't seem to add any new security holes. Opinions
on this matter welcome. :)

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.