[plt-dev] Re: problem with optimistic compilation

From: Dave Gurnell (d.j.gurnell at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 12 12:14:58 EDT 2009

> What if you actively want to use two (or more) different versions of
> PLT? Say, one for "stable" developments, one for experimenting with
> the implementation?

I do this a fair bit, and my code is big enough to make compilation a
practical necessity. I use the mzc && mzscheme solution.

However, there are still some oddities. I have loads of dev links to
PLaneT packages, and those have to be recompiled too.

Sometimes (not sure what the trigger for this is) mzc doesn't follow the
dependencies properly and I have to some bytecode nuking to get things
working.

> If that scenario is probable/supported, then you might still
> automatically compile, but put the compiled files in directories the
> name of which identify the implementation.

This is something I'd be very much in favour of. I think it would fix
all of
the above problems.

Cheers,

-- Dave